We Are So Blessed!!!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Welcome Baby Sariah!!

We are SO very blessed with TWO beautiful children!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!
Welcome to the world baby girl!!
I love to just stare at Sariah, and every time I gaze at her- I always hear a song playing in my head (kind of like a soundtrack) as I look at her- and it is the song playing right now. Since I am always hearing "Could you be the most beautiful girl in the world..." in my head, I just had to upload it so you could hear it too!
She is amazing!
She is very strong physically, the very first day (only a few hours old) she lifted and held up her own head without support (just like her brother did) with total neck control as she turned her head both ways and looked around the room to check things out.
In fact minutes after she was born- when she was brought to me for the first time, she immediately recognized my voice and opened her eyes. I was amazed that she knew which direction to look- with all the commotion and people around- she looked straight at me and we locked eyes. I was so happy because I knew that very moment that her hearing was fine and that she had a lot of sense of her surroundings already! Also, I was surprised for being just minutes old that she was very alert and trying to focus her eyes so intently!
Immediately after birth, while she was being cleaned up beside me- she was sucking, rooting, and looking for her milk! She was born hungry and ready to eat, and unlike many babies that have to endure a lot of practice breastfeeding- she was successful on the first try!
The doctors were joking and commenting that she had the "loudest suck" they had ever heard. One doctor (the one that broke her collar bone), felt compelled to visit us the next day. He recalled, "I think I will always remember her as the baby with the strongest suck," he added, "I could hear her from across the room- and there were a LOT of people in there- I could hear her ABOVE all of that noise!" Hey, when she's hungry, she's not messing around! hehe!
Soon to be posted, the now funny, but crazy story of the day she was born- which was like a movie, but was real- I only know it was real because I must have asked, "Is this really happening, or am I dreaming, is this a movie?" at least 95 times!

No comments: