We Are So Blessed!!!

Friday, October 14, 2011

When Little Boys Misbehave!

What do you get when little boys misbehave?? A HUGE mess, hehe!
I don't know what it is that attracts little boys to mess and destruction so much, but when Maletch decides to make a mess it is always a BIG one.
Tonight, I served Maletch a cup of hot chocolate, told him I was going to take a shower, would be back in 15 minutes and I told him when I got back we would do a special project I had planned. He was excited.

But before I came back, he came into the bathroom and this was the conversation:
Maletch: "Uh-oh, mommy, I made a huge mess, you need to come and see this! I think I need a spanking."
Me: "You think you need a spanking?"
Maletch: "Yeah mommy, come here and spank me."
Me: "You want a spanking?"
Maletch: "Yeah."
The irony here is that we don't use spanking to discipline. We just don't find it necessary, since we have found what seems to be more effective with him (and no we don't use "time-out" either).
So this was kind of funny that he was asking for a spanking... what the heck??

I went downstairs to find he had taken a straw and used it like a spray gun and sprayed hot chocolate splatter all over everything within a 1o ft radius. When I say on everything I mean everything, it was all over the table, the cabinets, the walls, my sewing machine, laptop, the floor, even the stroller... EVERYWHERE! Uggh! I don't know how one cup could make such a huge mess, but everything was so covered in it!
It took me over an hour scrubbing the sticky film and spatter off, and I am still finding it in the weirdest places. Although I didn't see him do it, I can just picture him having fun trying to see how far he could shoot it, like- 'I wonder if I can hit this or that?'
Although that was probably 'fun' mischief, he definitely knows better, and of course I did not find it funny. So needless to say, he got in big trouble tonight! Little stinker!

Another whopper of a mess:
A few months ago Maletch made "cat food soup" in the carpet. We keep the cats' food and water dishes on the landing (on the stairs). Well he had taken the dry cat food and their water, mixed it together and mashed it in the carpet with some kitchen utensils (I remember a spoon, fork, and hand can-opener were used in his 'project'). And I am still not sure what the hand can-opener was used for (as there were no cans). When dry cat food gets wet, it becomes soggy and smelly- so super gross to be smashed in the carpet. When I asked him what the heck he was doing, he said, "I'm trying to help feed the cats." I found out later that he was chasing the cats around with spoons and forks loaded with his soup creation trying to 'spoon-feed' them, LOL! Ok, even though that mess was big and gross, I did find that kind of cute and pretty funny, but don't tell him that, hehe!

I will admit that even though he gets into mischief occasionally, we know we are blessed that we don't have to deal with a lot of the typical 3 year old bad behavior. We know that he is a very good kid and we are so thankful that he plays with other kids very well (sharing), and he never hits or throws tantrums. So I will gladly deal with his mischief over that any day, and count my blessings!

No comments: