We Are So Blessed!!!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Funny "Maletch-isms"

I have always loved hearing about the funny things that kids say, and until a few years ago (before I had kids) my favorite stories from friends with kids were always the "kid-isms" that they would share. So I am especially loving the fact that I get to scrapbook and share the ones that Maletch says and since there are so many already, I can tell there is not enough space in his baby book for all of his quotes, so I just purchased a special journal just for his "Maletch-isms", and I hope he enjoys reading the funny things he said when he was little.

Here are a couple from the past few months:

I asked Maletch, "So what do you want to be when you grow up?" I could tell he wasn't sure exactly what I meant, so I talked about what daddy does for work, and what Grandma does, and then I added, "You can go to college and be anything you want to be, like a fireman, or a doctor, or an astronaut, or even the President of the United States." He was thinking about it, and then with the most serious look on his face, he answered, "I want to be Elmo when I grow up."
Later that week, he brought the subject up again on his own, and I guess he decided to 'change his major' because he said, "Mommy I want to be a conductor when I grow up" (and he was playing with his trains at the time)

Maletch drinks a lot of milk and juice throughout the day, and he likes to switch off constantly, so I always have 2 cups in the fridge (one for milk and one for juice) that I keep full so he can have whichever he wants.
I guess since Maletch had always heard me say that it was time for Sariah to have some milk, he thought it was time for a change because while I was breastfeeding her:
Maletch comes over and says, "Mommy, I think Sariah would like some JUICE now, I don't think she wants milk right now" and he was trying to give her his cup of juice.
I said, "That is very thoughtful and sweet of you, but she can't have any juice right now, so I am just going to give her some milk, but thank you."
Maletch, "Oh, OK."
A few seconds later, he asks, "So mommy, does that one have milk and that one have juice then?" (he was pointing to my chest, the different sides).
...does that one have juice then, LOL, wouldn't that be cool?

Today, Maletch was playing with a toy bus, and there was an Etch-a-Sketch sitting beside me, so I picked it up and said, "I am going to draw a bus like yours." Remember the Etch-a-Sketch, you draw turning the little knobs. So I thought I would impress him with my drawing, and I thought I had done pretty good at drawing the bus. When I was finished I showed him and asked, "So what do you think?" He said, "That isn't really right, mommy. The wheels should be circles not squares, and they should be the same size. You probably want to try it again."
OMGosh
, he is an observant little man, he was right, those were my mistakes! So I had better not ask his opinion if I don't want my work critiqued, LOL!

I'll add more quotes soon...

1 comment:

Ebelgirl said...

THese made me crack up!!!