We Are So Blessed!!!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Sariah!!



The baker told me that the "Dress Shop Sign" can be used as a stand-up picture frame on a future cake! I thought that was pretty cool!


Her First Cake:
We started off with her "Minnie Mouse Dress Shop" cake, and she dug right in before we could sing Happy Birthday or light the candle! She helped herself to the plenty of frosting and even pulled Minnie right off the cake- it was so cute and funny how fast she tore that cake up! Of course as soon as she started taste-testing it, Maletch came over to help! I busted up laughing when I saw him standing with his tongue out licking the corner of the cake!


Busted! HaHa!

"Green Light! Its OK kids, go nuts!"....




When we actually gave Sariah a piece she immediately got rid of the plate, haha, she just dumped the cake right onto her high chair tray- apparently she thought the plate was unnecessary :) Actually, we think she wanted to get the cake off the plate so she could look at the picture of Minnie (on the Minnie plate), hehe!







She had a few 'hat changes' (you know I love my hats)! She wore the tiara above...


... and although this princess one was my favorite on her, she did not care for it (at least while she was eating)- the veil was bothering her, I guess it was in the way!
That Minnie cake was served to everyone and although she went nuts with that cake: squishing it and wearing as much of it as she ate (it was all over her hair, clothes, and everything around her) - we ALSO ordered a 2nd cake (with chocolate frosting so it would be extra messy) for her to go completely nuts with and that was SO fun (and yes, messy)!!!

The Second Cake:
I don't know if it is obvious in the photo, but we had a little mishap with Sariah's second cake- well daddy did- on the way home from the bakery. Apparently, he stopped too fast and that cake almost fell in the car, he caught it... but when he got home, I quickly found it was damaged. The top layer had slid off the cake and smashed against the side of the box. At least the main cake was unscathed and I just did a little repair job on this one (but I wasn't able to make it perfect- it was pretty jacked up, LOL).



Cake Photo Shoot:
She demolished the cake and had a lot of fun making a huge mess! She definitely wore more than she ate! Once the cake was obliterated, she began running around getting cake and chocolate frosting all over the place. The goal was to keep her in the "photo area" and 2 of us were running zone defense, but baby was smarter and quicker with her plays!
Of course big brother could hardly stand by watching all the fun, he was itching to get in and play with her! So we were also running brother defense. Even daddy and I were covered in frosting by the end of the shoot from having to pick her up and put her back, plus she flicked a lot of it, and chunks were flying everywhere! It will undoubtedly take me several days to find it and clean it all!





Yeah some people think I'm nuts for doing this, but the pictures are so worth it, and the crazier and messier it got, the funnier it got! John thought the photo shoot was over when her hat wouldn't stay on anymore (the string was all stretched out), and the cake was completely gone (well smashed completely to pieces), and she was basically running around- BUT that is when I thought it was getting good! He was at work when I did the same photo shoot for Maletch's first birthday. I told him, "I know its nuts, but we'll get some good shots." He said, "This is nuckin' futs!" Hahaha!
I'll admit, once it did get completely crazy, I was chasing her more than I was shooting since I had to TRY to protect my photo equipment: like the umbrella lights and other things. Despite my best efforts, almost everything did get attacked by "King Kong Chocolate Baby!"

I took some video clips in between pictures, and I will upload a few of those too!

Costumes:
You know I love costumes, so of course my baby girl just HAD to get decked out for her first birthday party! Minnie Mouse has a few different dresses she wears, and my favorite is the pink/white polka dot dress from the Disney Clubhouse show, so I found a BEAUTIFUL one at the Disney Store. I love their costumes, they are a bit pricey, but they are very nice quality and gorgeous in person! It is so bling, fluffy, and even has the cutest bloomers. Probably a lot of people don't care about costume quality, "its just a costume," but I can't stand poor quality/cheap costumes- one of my weird pet peeves I guess!
Of course Maletch wanted to wear a costume too (he LOVES costumes), so we found him a Mickey one and he couldn't wait for the party so he could wear it! Even though he has at least 20 costumes for dress up play, he asked everyday if he could 'try on' his Mickey costume :) He reminded me everyday, "I can't really wear my Mickey costume until the party because I don't want to get it dirty, but I can just try it on, right?"
Why TWO Minnie costumes you ask? Well I also got Sariah a traditional red/black Minnie dress (in addition to the pink/white one) so she would match her brother, you know me with my 'family should be color coordinated thing'- gosh- I am so weird, LOL!

Presents:
First off, we goofed that up! We had set the wrapped presents (from us) on top of the gift table a few days before. I had caught Sariah climbing up and pulling them down a few times, so I don't know why I thought they would be OK there?? Well, they weren't! The day before her party, daddy left for work while I was in the shower. He put her in her high chair so she couldn't get into mischief while I was upstairs (or so he thought).
I came downstairs to find her NOT in her high chair and all of the presents were opened- wrapping paper everywhere AND she was playing with the toys that were still in their boxes!!
I asked a few questions all at once, "What the heck happened?" "How did Sariah get out of her chair?" etc...
Maletch told me, "She was trying to climb out, so he helped her."
Me: "How did you do that when she was strapped in?"
Maletch: "She got out of the straps by herself, and she was like this (he imitated leaning out of the chair) so I gave her a hug and pulled her down."
Me: "Who opened all the presents?"
Maletch: "Well Sariah and I did."
Me: "Didn't you know that we were supposed to wait until her party?"
Maletch: "I'm sorry mommy, are you mad?"

Uggh, the little stinkers!! I do think that Sariah was the 'main culprit' because I found her 'stack of toys' she built as her 'step stool' to reach the presents (so at least it was pre-meditated by her, LOL) since Maletch could have reached without a stack of toys/ step stool. Based on the evidence (and statement by one of the perpetrators), I believe she pulled them down and started opening and he assisted in the opening. Plus, she was on a mission with her "Houdini move" with the straps haha!
She turned over her 'ride-on lion' on it's side as the base of her ladder. That is one of the things she does, she climbs basically as high as she wants and plans it out by stacking things to get to whatever/wherever she wants. It scares me because she has no fear, and a lot of strength- and we've seen her get up pretty dang high!! I am constantly having to pull her off of things, the problem is she is determined, quick, and so dang proud of herself when she gets up on things! She stands there and makes a big verbal announcement and gestures (like a look at me gesture) and beams the hugest smile of pride- and she gets so mad when I take her down from things too! She is so much like her brother was at this age- it is crazy! I will never forget when I caught him literally swinging from the chandelier (at 18 months)- remember that? As funny as that is to look back on now, it wasn't funny at the time- I really don't want a repeat of that- and she could do it too!!

OK, so even though the presents were already opened (and they already saw everything), we decided that we would re-wrap them and do it right! So I took away all the presents that were opened and re-wrapped everything! Hahahaha!

Funny thing is that Maletch was so excited for her to open her presents (before and after their little shin-dig)! I think he was more excited than when it was his birthday! Before it was time to open them, he took one over to her, "Here Sariah this is for you, open it!" and he was jumping around all excited, it was so cute! Then when it was time, he kept trying to help her, "Here Sariah you open it like this..." No matter how many times we said, "She can do it, let's let her open them"-- he just couldn't help himself, he was too excited, and he just had to help!
Sariah enjoyed playing with the paper just as much as her new toys, so she had all kinds of fun! She certainly likes all of her new toys, especially the ones her big brother got her!

Decorations:
I will also post a couple photos of the decorations- we had fun going all out for Sariah's FIRST birthday bash! Maletch helped me pick them out and helped arrange where they would go too, hehe- but we had daddy hang the ceiling stuff, since we are not tall enough (turns out, we got a LOT of ceiling stuff)!

*Note: Bare with me, as uploading and sorting photos and videos takes a LOT of time. I have only really played with the cake photos so far and I have a LOT more to go. I posted 2 slideshows and 3 videos below, so you can get a peek of what I've done so far, but all the photos of her opening presents and the kids' costumes will be coming next...

................Scroll down to see (be sure to pause the music player for the videos)- but I am adding lots more photos...
**SAVING the BEST for LAST**............ can't wait to post pics of the COSTUMES!!!

No comments: