We Are So Blessed!!!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

"What Sariah Does All Day!"

I just realized that I haven't posted in a long time the activities and events of the kids' day.
Most of you get a chance to talk to Maletch on the phone and you know that we do 'school', and that we talk ALL day, and that our all-time favorite thing to do together (at home) is dance, but I am overdue for a post about what Sariah is up to all day!

A little about Sariah's day:
Well she is a busy little toddler, and she is into everything! Her daily rounds of mischief include: turning on the dishwasher (too bad it isn't when we want it on). We also try our best to never do the dishes (load or unload the dishwasher) with her around because when it is open, she climbs onto the door (and sits on the open door) and reaches in to pull out every dish and throws them on the floor-- You put one in and she pulls it out and throws it on the floor-- yeah, not exactly helping! :) She also knows how to open the dishwasher when it is latched/locked!
I remember when Maletch was her age, he liked to open drawers throughout the house and pull everything out (almost like a cartoon: wildly throwing things above and behind his head)-- well, she loves to open drawers too-- BUT-  she loves to climb in- you can find her sitting and playing inside different drawers quite often! She will only empty it to the point she thinks she can fit, and she'll just sit on whatever else is in there (toys, clothes, pots pans, whatever it is) and just play with whatever is under and around her, hehe!
She also finds any excuse to get into the bathroom (she's sneaky and quick and will slip right in with anyone she can get past) and LOVES to play with the toilet- loves to reach in and splash, throw things in, and flush it.
She has been dancing since before she could even walk and she is quite a dancer. I am not just saying that to be funny or because I am her mom- she has always had rhythm, but she also actually has a lot of moves.  She cannot resist, when any song comes on, she drops whatever she is doing, and starts dancing!!
She is also a chatterbox like her brother! Even though she only knows how to say a few things in English, she has her own language with complicated sounds- I often wish I could understand her, because whatever she is saying sounds so important! She speaks with a lot of animation and also conviction- and boy she just talks and talks and talks! She is also a smart little bugger and has figured out things like opening a taped up shipping box (there isn't a box that she can't open)- to countless other things like how to operate her big brother's advanced toys- if it has a switch, button, or any operable parts- she knows what it does and how to do it!
Wherever Maletch goes, she follows and I just love watching them play together. One of her favorite things to do is to build and disassemble train tracks with her brother and play trains with him. He loves to put her in toy bins and push the bins all around the house- giving her 'rides'. He usually pretends she is on specific Disneyland rides, "Hey Sariah, do you want to ride the Snow White ride? Hop in and let's go!" If she doesn't climb in on her own, he picks her up and puts her inside.
One of the funniest things she does is when she plays the piano, she stops playing, then starts clapping (for her own performance) and turns around and looks at everyone to make sure they clap for her-- as soon as she is sure everybody has clapped (and said, "Yay"), then she starts playing again- then stops, claps, and turns around again, and on and on. She can put on a piano show for 30 minutes straight- but you better clap in between every song or random pauses!
As far as some of her likes: she LOVES the Fresh Beat Band- she actually knows all their songs, she tries to sing, and when you watch her dance- she knows when the tempo will change- something you probably have to see to really understand. She also loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show, when that comes on- she drops everything and runs to the TV and talks to the TV the WHOLE time.  She also lights up and starts talking excitedly if she sees any toy, photo, or image of any of the Mickey friends (Minnie, Goofy, Donald, etc). I actually can't think of a Disney character that she doesn't recognize (Princesses, Fairies, Toy Story, etc)- and she loves them all!

She will be having a Minnie Mouse themed birthday. Her thoughtful brother picked out some of her presents. Days before we even went shopping, Maletch said, "Mommy I was thinking, we should get Sariah the Talking Jessie Doll- you know the BIG one. Can we get that for her?"
I said, "Well you guys already have a small Talking Jessie Doll, do you think we should really get another Talking Jessie?"
Maletch, "Yeah, I think she would really like the big Talking Jessie, because it is like my big Talking Woody."
So I said, "I think that is really sweet that you thought of such a nice present for her, so yeah we can get it and it can be from you, OK?" He got so excited! Then (same day) he said, "I think Sariah would also like a Minnie Car. Can we get that for her too?" Then he added, "She really likes my Mickey Train and she likes all my cars, so I think she would like a Minnie car."
His 'Mickey Train' came with a mickey figure that rides inside a train (and drives around a track) and he is right- Sariah does love that toy- so I just thought that was such a great idea- so we will be looking for Minnie Mouse's car- she WILL love that! I was impressed that he had 2 thoughtful ideas without even being in a store or looking through a catalog (these were off the top of his head)- what a sweet big brother he is!!
Days later, when we went to Toys R Us to shop for her birthday gifts, he never asked for a single thing for himself (he never does- even when he sees something he LOVES- he will ask if he can look at it, then he always just puts it back afterward, NEVER: "I want this" or "can I get this?")- but this trip he asked if we could buy MANY toys for Sariah. He asked to see things that he liked, then put them back, but when he saw something 'girly', he said, "Hey Sariah would LOVE this, can we get this for her?" He impressed me so much, by being so thoughtful, mature, and selfless. I'm super proud of you Maletch!

Last night:
Maletch: "I want to give Sariah a flower and we can get married."
Me (unsure I heard correctly): "What?"
Maletch: "Tomorrow, I want to give Sariah a flower and she and I can get married. She will be a princess and I can be her prince and I will always protect her."
I melted and thought, I wish one day she does marry a boy like her brother!
Then this morning he asked, "Mommy can I marry Sariah today?"

....still working on this post..... lots more to add!!

No comments: