We Are So Blessed!!!

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scrapbook Contest- Week 5!

Well this week's challenge was a real challenge.... we were to create art journal pages, and we had to meet a lot of specific requirements.

Some of the rules:
Create "ART JOURNAL PAGES" using scrap pieces of paper. Simply follow Heidi's instructions on her video to get an idea of what we're looking for. We want to see what you can do when you don't have much to work with! Specifically we want to see the following:
  • Layering
  • Clustering
  • Doodling
  • Using a mask with crackle paint, or other molding/modeling mediums
  • Use Gesso or white acrylic paint for a place to add journaling, or some other design element

Well, typically creating an art journal is a free style art which has no rules, but since we had so many requirements I had to really focus on the list to make sure I incorporated everything we were supposed to include.
I made 6 pages total we were required to make 2-4, so I submitted the following 4... I will also share the other 2 I made just for fun at the bottom of this post..

Well I decided that with these pages I would start an art journal that would be a "Feel Good" journal for me, one that I will enjoy looking at time after time. I would include quotes that touch or inspire me, along with anything else that makes me happy (things my kids say, snapshots of them, happy thoughts, etc.)

Well, the first set of pages is very personal to me and they have much more hidden journaling and photos that would not fit. I decided that I am at a place in my life that I can journal about the accident and my feelings about it and reflect on it positively. I journaled a bit more than would fit and I will  share/ post it all in a minute... I also included photos of the wreckage too (they are not seen from the front though).

For the design, I used cardboard, and paper scraps and LOTS of mediums to create texture. I used Modeling Paste, Paints, Glimmer Mists, Inks, Gesso, Crackle Accents, loose beads and more.
I even did a little doodling.


Lots of texture...
 
 
 
The second set of pages feature a quote that really moves me. It is simple yet I love it. "She believed she could... so she did." So awesome!!
Anyway, started off with lots of scraps again, and used lots of mediums, Used paints, glimmer mists, gesso, modeling paste, etc.
I added torn book pages to give it depth and shaded it with charcoal,
Made the butterfly with crystal gel.

 
 
 
This challenge was a lot of fun...
 
Below are the additional pages that I made, but did not submit. They include another quote that I love! "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,.. it's about learning to dance in the rain."
This reminds me of an event (we call it "That Swap Meet Day"). We were setting up a booth for the Boutique and everything that could go wrong did and more kept going wrong and John and I were laughing and joking in the face of the worst luck. It was a REALLY bad day, but on the way home, rather than feeling frustrated, I had this glad feeling in my heart that I married my best friend and that we make each other laugh even on the worst of days. This quote makes me remember that we should ALWAYS be that way.
 
 
I still incorporated all of the challenge requirements on this one too. I thought this photo of Maletch jumping in puddles was very fitting for the saying.

No comments: