We Are So Blessed!!!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fresh Beat Band ROCKS!!

OMGOSH! We probably had the BEST night ever! My face hurts from smiling and laughing all night!
First of all, we were lucky enough to score just about the best seats you could get- we were front row (Row A) right behind the pit which is like a hole in the ground where 3 rows of people sat- and their necks had to be hurting from looking up (they were below the band)- we were SMACK in front of them... which allowed Maletch to catch the attention of GUESS WHO?? Yep... Twist!! Woot Woot!

During the concert, Twist made several trips over to Maletch giving him high fives, talking to him, and dancing with him. He liked his shirt- we had an exact replica of Twist's shirt made for Maletch (since they are not sold). Maletch even went on stage a few times, hehe!  It was so friggin cute!!
Note: For those of you observant peeps: based on the pics I posted, you might say, "Their sweatshirts don't look alike?"... Answer: the characters have a few 'versions' of their costumes, but they have a 'main' one they almost always wear, and the one we had custom ordered for Maletch is the one Twist wears in every episode and he also wore for the first half of the concert :)
This is the one he always wears!
I was really impressed when this arrived! (the color is the same too, although it looks different in the pics)

After the concert which was a great show BTW, loved every second of it, we got to go to the backstage party! But just before we left our seats, I noticed a small crowd gathering around us. People were lined up on both sides of us, blocking us in our seats, and just when I leaned over to ask John, "What is going on, what are these people doing?" I started hearing questions... it was a line of dads asking me where I got the Twist sweatshirt, "I've looked everywhere..." and moms asking if their daughters (dressed like Kiki) could take their pics with Maletch, "I have to get a pic of Kiki and Twist..." The funny thing was before I could ask Maletch, "Do you want to take a picture with these girls?".. he already had his arms around them and was smiling all big, hehe! He posed for a few pics (flirted with the girls) and we headed for the party where the whole band took notice of my whole family. The 4 of us were dressed like all 4 of them- and they made the HUGEST deal over it!
Kiki was so sweet, she gave me a huge hug and practically asked us to join her show, lol! She was asking if John and I were performers, for some reason she thought we were, LOL!

Even though traveling with a toddler and infant is usually challenging for us, this trip went a lot smoother I think because we stayed in a hotel (rather than someone's house). Luckily we were able to get a suite at the Marriott where we had lots of space and plenty of amenities which made us more comfortable. Being served a hot breakfast (rather than Continental) was a nice touch too! It was funny, Maletch was so excited when I told him we were going to sleep at a hotel for 2 nights, BUT, when I later casually used the term "we'll stay at the hotel," he freaked about the 'staying' part and said, "Mommy I don't want to stay there, I want to go home." It took a little explaining, but then he was excited again, hehe! We did bring our swimsuits for the heated INDOOR pool (which would have been perfect in this Feb weather) BUT we just couldn't find the time to go. We were a little disppointed by that (especially Maletch who was really looking forward to it). Thankfully, we had such a great time with the Fresh Beat Band that it was easily dismissed!

Still adding to this post (I have a LOT of pics to go through and a TON of videos too)- I'll eventually get this finished, hehe!

But below is a Sneak Peek Slideshow....
A few details about the few pics I posted:
The pics of Maletch and Twist were during the live concert. There is also a funny pic of Shout holding Sariah and she was crying because she got upset when she realized 'Hey, you aren't my daddy.' They were wearing the same clothes so I think she felt 'tricked', haha! She didn't mind when Marina was holding her :)
I have literally 150 GREAT pics and TONS of great videos, so I will post more this weekend.

No comments: